Yellow Cupcakes Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Place 18 paper baking cups into muffin pans. Set aside.
Place cake flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, sugar and softened unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix 1 to 2 minutes with electric mixer set on medium speed, until butter is mixed into flour mixture.
Add nonfat dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until blended.
Mix buttermilk, eggs and extracts in a small bowl. Stir well. Add 2/3 of the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture. Mix on medium speed mixing until the liquids are just blended into the flour mixture. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix on medium-high speed about 45-60 seconds until the batter starts to become lighter in appearance. Reduce mixer speed to low and add remaining liquids. Mix on medium speed until blended. Stop mixer and scrape sides and bottom of bowl again. Mix on medium high speed an additional 30 seconds.
Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake cupcakes in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 12-15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
NOTE: Nutrition information doesn't include frosting.
- 2 1/4 (560 mL) cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) nonfat dry milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract