Applesauce Spice Bars Recipe
42 servings, ready in 45 minutes
In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Granular until light; beat in eggs, one at a time.
Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into butter mixture alternately with applesauce, making two additions of each.
Stir in raisins and walnuts. Scrape into greased 13 X 9 inch (3 L) metal cake pan.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool; cut into bars.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) each raisins and chopped walnuts