Berry Berry Ice Cream Recipe
8 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Crush rennet tablets into a small bowl with the cold water and set aside.
Combine raspberries, strawberries and lemon juice with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated in a small pot. Heat the berries and SPLENDA® Granulated at 110°F (45°C) until SPLENDA® Granulated dissolves (1 minute) and set aside.
Combine milk, sugar and remaining SPLENDA® Granulated into a sauce pan. Heat while stirring until lukewarm (110°F). Then, stir in the rennet tablet mixture and quickly pour the combined ingredients into an 8 x 12 inch (20 x 30 cm) and 3 inch (8 cm) high pan. Let the pan stand undisturbed for 15 minutes then place it in the freezer until firm.
Once the mixture is firm, break it into chunks with a spoon and place the chunks into an electric mixing bowl (or food processor) and beat until smooth. Add the berry mixture and mix for an additional 15 seconds. Place the mixture back into the pan and freeze until firm.
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35% cream
- 7 heaping tbsp (105 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water
- 2 rennet tablets (Junket)