Berry Galette Recipe
8 servings, ready in 1 hour and 35 minutes
Pulse flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and butter until a coarse, crumbly texture forms. Add sour cream and pulse until dough comes together. Shape into a disc, wrap and chill for at least
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a 10 x 15 inch (26 x 38 cm) baking tray with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients except butter. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough in a circle just less than 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick (about 14 inches/35 cm). Gently lift dough onto prepared baking tray. Spoon berries into centre of dough and dot with butter. Fold pastry dough over berries, overlapping folds and leaving berries visible in centre. Brush pastry with egg wash and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh or frozen berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water, for brushing