Breakfast Apricot Muffins Recipe
6 servings, ready in 5 minutes
Heat oven to 350 ° F (180 °C). Coat 6 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl.
Beat together egg, oil and milk. Blend in preserves and almond extract. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups evenly with batter.
Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Spread tops with a thin layer of preserves before serving.
NOTE: To prepare the night before, measure dry ingredients and cover. Combine egg, oil, milk and preserves as directed. Refrigerate. Mix together the next morning, adding the almond extract just before baking. Bake as directed.
Smucker's® and Crisco® are registered trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company.
- 1 Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (250 mL) Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Smucker’s® Apricot Sugar Free Preserves; plus additional for spreading on tops of muffins
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract
|Calories from Fat||50|