Carrot Bran Muffins Recipe
12 servings, ready in 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with baking spray.
Combine the whole wheat flour, natural bran, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, ground flax seed, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
Toss the grated carrot into this dry mixture.
Beat the eggs thoroughly in a separate bowl.
Add the milk, apple sauce, canola oil, and lemon juice to the beaten eggs. Continue beating until thoroughly combined.
Combine the mixtures in the two bowls until just mixed. Do not over mix.
Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Cool slightly in the pan before serving.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) natural bran
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flax seed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk 2%
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice