Carrot Ginger Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
12 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
Whisk oil, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, orange juice, eggs, vanilla and ginger to combine. Stir in grated carrot.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut, and spices. Stir into carrot mixture and spoon into prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 20 minutes, until tops of cupcakes spring back when gently pressed. Let cool before frosting.
Beat all ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes and store refrigerated.
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) finely grated carrot
- 1 2/3 cups (410 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fine salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract