Chocolate Almond Fondant Recipe
6 servings, ready in 3 hours and 10 minutes
Melt chocolate in a double boiler (bain-marie), making sure that bowl doesn’t touch water. Add butter, mixing well with wooden spoon until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Beat egg yolks and SPLENDA® Granulated until mixture doubles in volume. Add to melted chocolate and let cool for a few minutes, stirring all the while.
Whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Using a spatula, fold gently into chocolate mixture.
Pour into serving parfait glass and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, decorate with slices of almond paste and sprinkle with cocoa, SPLENDA® Granulated and Cayenne pepper, optional.
- 1 cup (250 mL) dark chocolate (68%), chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping cream, 35%
- almond paste, use 20 g per serving
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- pinch of Cayenne pepper, optional