Cranberry Almond Crumb Bars Recipe
24 servings, ready in 55 minutes
Cranberry Almond Crumb Bars
Preheat the oven to 400oF (200oC). Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil so it overhangs the edges; coat well with cooking spray.
Place half the almonds and the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add the flour, baking powder and salt; pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until it’s the size of large peas. Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) of the mixture to a bowl; set aside.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla to the food processor; pulse just until the dough begins to create large clumps. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Prick the crust all over with a fork.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center looks dry. Cool the crust on a rack. Meanwhile, combine the reserved mixture and remaining almonds.
Combine the cranberries, SPLENDA® Granulated, cornstarch and orange juice in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and glossy. Stir in the jam. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Spread the cranberry mixture over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the reserved almond mixture overtop. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the topping is golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Use the foil to gently transfer to a cutting board. Peel away the foil and cut into squares.
- 1 cup (250 mL) slivered almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar free raspberry jam