Cranberry Flax Breakfast Cookies Recipe
48 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Position the racks in your oven to divide the oven into thirds and preheat to 350˚F (180˚C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine bran flakes, rolled oats, flaxseed, cinnamon and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend; stir to combine. Set aside.
In another large mixing bowl, combine applesauce, yogurt, vanilla, egg and skim milk powder; whisk until blended. Add baking powder and baking soda; mix until combined. Gradually add bran flake mixture to applesauce mixture. Add dried cranberries, apricots, almonds and sunflower seeds; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Cookies will firm up as they stand. Store loosely covered.
For a hint of chocolate, substitute dried apricots with 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips.
Nutrient data based on recipe using nonfat plain yogurt.
- 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely crushed bran flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) rolled oats (preferably large flake)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) skim milk powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seeds