Cranberry Pecan Granola Recipe
12 servings, ready in
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Toss oats, wheat bran, wheat germ, pecan halves, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds to combine.
In a small saucepan, heat SPLENDA® Granulated, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and salt over medium heat, until SPLENDA® Granulated has dissolved.Pour liquid over oats and toss to coat.
Spread onto prepared baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until granola has browned. Let cool for 20 minutes then stir in dried cranberries and apricots.
Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Cranberry Pecan Granola will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Alternately, granola can be made with 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend with equally delicious results.
Water can be replaced with apple juice.
- 3 cups (750 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) wheat bran
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pecan halves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seeds; unsalted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seed
- s 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- dash of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried apricots; sliced
Serving size:2/3 cup
|Calories from Fat||160|