Eggnog Strata Recipe
8 servings, ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
Trim crusts from bread; cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) squares.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, SPLENDA® Granulated, vanilla, rum extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; fold in bread until coated. Spread in greased 12 inch (2.5 L) oval glass baking dish; let stand for 15 minutes.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
- 12 (1 lb/500 g) slices dry-old raisin bread
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)milk, 2%
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) each vanilla and rum extract
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground nutmeg and salt