Fresh Melon with Lavender Sabayon Recipe
8 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Place yolks, SPLENDA® Granulated, lemon, lavender and 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy cream in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Heat water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium high heat until simmering. Pour sauce into the top of a double boiler and place over the simmering water. Cook 50-60 seconds, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken and reaches 170°F (77°C). Remove from heat immediately. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl. Set aside
Pour remaining cream and the creme fraiche into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until blended. Slowly stir cream mixture into egg yolk mixture. Stir, using a whisk, until blended.
Pour Sabayon through a fine strainer to remove lavender flowers.
Place melon into eight serving dishes. Pour sabayon over melon and serve immediately.
- 16 cups (4 L) ripe melon, any assortment, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) creme fraiche