Ginger and Peach Bread Pudding with Peach Syrup Garnish Recipe
10 servings, ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Place bread cubes in 8’ x 11.5’ (200 x 290 cm) pan. Set aside.
Put eggs, milk, SPLENDA® Granulated, peaches, ginger and vanilla in food processor bowl and puree. Pour mixture on bread cubes. Fold in cranberries and pecans and mix carefully in order to evenly distribute fruits and nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about 20 minutes.
Cover pan with aluminum foil. Place pan in a larger pan and fill larger pan with about 1’ (2.5 cm) warm water. Cook in 300°F (150°C) oven for 1 hour. Remove aluminum foil and cook for another 15 to 30 minutes, until mixture is set. Remove from oven and let sit before serving.
In a shallow pan, melt butter and add SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. Cook on low heat for a few minutes until sugar has melted. Add quartered peaches and nutmeg and cook mixture on low heat for 3 or 4 minutes. Add orange juice and simmer for another 3 minutes, until syrup has slightly thickened. Serve warm with bread pudding.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) bread cubes (use old baguette)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 ripe peaches, pealed and pitted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) powdered ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans, coarsely crushed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) unsalted butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled, seeded and cut into quarters
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) orange juice