Granny's Apple Crisp Recipe
8 servings, ready in 1 hour and 5 minutes
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Spray an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
Whisk together SPLENDA® Granulated, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a large bowl; add apples and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared pan; set aside.
Stir together oats, SPLENDA® Granulated, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut butter in with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cereal and walnuts. Spoon topping over apples.
Bake 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch (0.5 cm) slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts