Mini Cranberry and Pecan Tarts Recipe
16 servings, ready in 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place frozen tart shells on baking sheet.
Place SPLENDA® Granulated, cranberries, orange juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and orange zest in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until mixture has caramelized and thickened and skin on cranberries begin to split, about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Gently mash cranberries with potato masher. Stir in pecans.
Divide cranberry mixture equally among tart shells. Bake until cranberry mixture is bubbly and tart shells are lightly golden, about 23-25 minutes. Remove tarts to rack and cool completely.
Store tarts in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3-4 weeks.
- 18 frozen mini tart shells (2“, 5 cm)
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 cup (250 mL) (105 g) frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) allspice
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roughly chopped pecans