Mocha Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Sift flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, cocoa powder and salt and set aside. Combine hot water, instant coffee and vanilla and set aside.
Cream butter until smooth and stir in half of the dry mixture. Add coffee mixture and stir in. Add remaining dry mixture and combine until dough is evenly blended. Turn dough onto a work surface and divide in two. Shape into logs, wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper
Unwrap dough and slice into cookies about 1/2 -inch (1 cm) thick and place on baking tray. Sprinkle each cookie in the centre with a pinch of SPLENDA® Granulated and bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hot water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fine salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) instant coffee powder
- 4 tsp (20 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, for sprinkling