Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe
16 servings, ready in 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C) and prepare 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) cake pan with baking spray. Tip: line the pan with parchment paper leaving the ends sticking out to make the uncut product easier to remove from the pan once cooled.
Combine the whole wheat flour, quick oats, raisins, ground flax seed, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
Beat the butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend together in a separate bowl.
Add the vanilla extract, applesauce and eggs to the butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend mixture. Continue beating until thoroughly combined.
Combine the mixtures in the two bowls together. It will be a very thick batter.
Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until firm.
Cool in the pan until room temperature.
Cut into 16 equal bars by removing the product from the pan first.
This recipe has all the benefits of oatmeal in a convenient bar. Great for breakfast on the run too – microwave each bar from frozen for 30 seconds on high power.
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) quick oats
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) raisins
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) butter; room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
|Calories from Fat||100|