Olive Oil Zucchini Loaf with Walnuts Recipe
12 servings, ready in 1 hour and 10 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease a 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan; set aside. Stir the flour with SPLENDA®Brown Sugar Blend, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Combine the zucchini, milk, olive oil, orange zest and egg in a separate bowl. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the loaf. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from the pan and cool completely.
Tip: For an easy snack, toast thin slices of the loaf and top with creamy ricotta cheese.
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts