Strawberries and Cream Scones Recipe
8 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Preheat the oven to 400oF (200oC). Stir the flour with the SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and cut into the flour mixture using a pastry blender, two knives or fingertips, until mixture is mealy.
Stir in the yogurt and vanilla until just combined. Fold in the strawberries until evenly distributed; do not over work the dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick rectangle. Cut 6 rounds using a 3-inch (7 cm) biscuit cutter. Re-roll the scrapes, to the same thickness, to cut 2 additional rounds.
Place the rounds, about 2-inches (5 cm) apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk