Sweet Potato Crumb Pie Recipe
10 servings, ready in 1 hour and 10 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Place the pie shell on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Combine the mashed sweet potato, cream, eggs, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt in a food processor or blender. Purée for 1 minute or until very smooth. Pour into the pie crust.
Topping: Toss the flour with the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and oats. Cut in the butter using two knives or fingertips until the mixture clumps together. Add the pecans. Sprinkle over the pie.
Bake for 45 minutes or until set but still jiggles slightly in the center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) mashed sweet potato, about 2 large
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% half & half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground cloves, ground nutmeg and salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) large flake oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped pecans