Walnut Date Oatmeal Recipe
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat 5 minutes.
Sprinkle 2 tsp SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, 1 tbsp chopped dates, and 1 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts over hot cooked oatmeal. Drizzle with 1 tbsp skim milk.
If desired, top with fresh berries and dried fruit.
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) old-fashioned oats
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped dates
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) skim milk
- For creamier oatmeal; substitute skim milk for water; proceed as directed.
|Calories from Fat||70|