Choco-Mint Vanilla Berry Verrine Recipe
Chill two glasses or stainless steel bowls in freezer.
Put half the cream in first bowl. Add one tablespoon SPLENDA® Granulated and vanilla. Whip at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
In second bowl, mix one tablespoon SPLENDA® Granulated with powdered cocoa. Add the peppermint extract and the remaining cream and whip at medium speed, scraping edges with spatula, until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until final assembly.
Use glasses or transparent cups for assembly.
Place good-sized spoonful of chocolate whipped cream at bottom of cup or glass. Add berry pieces and cover with spoonful of vanilla whipped cream.
Alternate pattern to fill glass.
Decorate with mint leaf if desired, chocolate shavings, grilled coconut or chopped nuts.
Use different berries for each level – such as raspberries, wild Quebec blueberries, or even tropical fruit (pineapple, kiwi, mango and banana).
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream (35%)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) powdered cocoa
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) peppermint extract
- 8 oz (225 g) mixed berries, sliced
- Garnish: mint leaves, chocolate shavings, grilled coconut or chopped nuts