Crispy French Toast Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Combine milk, half-and-half, SPLENDA® Sweetener, and vanilla; whisking until SPLENDA® Sweetener dissolves. Add eggs, whisking until blended.
Dip bread into the milk mixture; then dredge in corn flakes cereal. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon over the six plates. Arrange 2 toast triangles in the center of each plate. Arrange strawberries around the toast; top with a small scoop of yogurt. Dust with cinnamon. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
- 1 cup (250 mL) 3.25% milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) half-and-half
- 12 packets SPLENDA® Stevia No Calorie Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 thick slices white bread; crusts removed and cut diagonally in half
- 4 cups (1 L) corn flakes cereal; finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground cinnamon; divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) strawberries; sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) vanilla Greek yogurt
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)