Roasted Pork Loin with Pecan Mustard Glaze Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Pecan Mustard Glaze:
Stir mustard and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until it has dissolved.Stir in garlic.Finely chop pecan pieces and stir in with salt and pepper.Chill until ready to use (glaze can be prepared up to 2 days in advance).
Arrange sliced onions on bottom of a medium roasting pan and set pork loin roast on top.
Spread half of pecan mustard glaze and roast pork, cover and bake for 15 minutes.Uncover roast, reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to cook for about an hour, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Set pork roast on a cutting board to rest, while finishing sauce.
Place roasting pan over medium heat on stove.Add white wine or chicken stock and stir to pull up any caramelized bits from bottom of pan.
Add reserved pecan mustard glaze and stir until bubbling.
Slice pork roast (remove butcher’s string, if tied) and arrange on platter.Spoon pan sauce over or serve on the side.
- Pecan Mustard Glaze
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) coarse grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly toasted pecan pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- Pork Roast
- 1 onion; sliced
- 3 lb (1.3 kg) boneless single pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock (optional white wine)
|Calories from Fat||200|