Seared Bluefin Tuna Recipe
Seared Bluefin Tuna:
Preheat a stainless steel frying pan at high.
Season the tuna with salt and pepper to taste and place in the pan. Cook both sides on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside in the refrigerator.
In a pot, heat the balsamic vinegar and the SPLENDA® Granulated until you obtain a thick mixture. Once cooled, mix in with the plain yogurt.
Cut the apple to make a brunoise (finely diced) and add the extra virgin olive oil.
Cut the tuna in pieces of the same size.
Peppered Arugula Salad:
Toss arugula salad with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of extra virgin olive oil.
Sprinkle generously with crackled pepper to desired taste.
Place the pieces of tuna on a plate.
Pour the apple brunoise on the center of each piece.
Decorate one side of the plate with the peppered arugula salad and the other side with a drizzle of yogurt.
- Seared Bluefin Tuna
- 2 x 250g (18oz. about 41/2” by 3’’) #1 bluefin tuna
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 3/8 cup (95 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tsp (5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt; pepper
- Peppered Arugula Salad
- 1 bunch of arugula salad
- Crackled pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil