Soy Ginger Chicken Burgers Recipe
Shred enough carrot to make 1/2 cup (125 mL); squeeze out liquid.
In bowl, whisk egg white; whisk in carrot, onions, garlic, panko, soy sauce, ginger, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and oil. Mix in chicken. Shape into six 1/2 inch (1 1/4 cm) thick patties.
Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, for 15 minutes or until digital thermometer inserted sideways into each patty reads 165°F (74°C). Serve on buns garnished with cucumber, lettuce and sprouts (if using).
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg white
- 2 green onions; finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- 6 multi-grain burger buns
- Optional garnishes
- Sliced cucumber; lettuce leaves and alfalfa sprouts
|Calories from Fat||72|