French Toast Strata Recipe
Spray an 8X8 inch (20 cm x 20 cm) square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Blend together, in a medium size mixing bowl, 1/3 cup (75 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated, egg substitute, milk, and maple flavour.
Tear Cinnamon Raisin Bread into 1-2 inch (3 – 5 cm) pieces. Toss bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to just coat bread. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
Blend remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 40-50 min. or until lightly browned and set. Serve immediately.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 cup (250 mL) egg substitute
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) skim milk
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) maple flavour
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled apples; thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
|Calories from Fat||27|