Apple Cinnamon Bran Muffins Recipe
12 servings, ready in 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C) and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with baking spray.
Combine the whole wheat flour, bran flakes cereal, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
Toss the diced apples into the dry mixture
Beat the SPLENDA® Granulated and butter together in a separate bowl.
Add the buttermilk, apple sauce, and eggs to the butter and SPLENDA® Granulated mixture. Continue beating until thoroughly combined.
Combine the mixtures in the two bowls together to form a batter.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin, approximately two thirds full in each.
Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon on each muffin.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Cool in pan before serving.
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) bran flakes cereal; lightly compacted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple- peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter; room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- Additional ground cinnamon for sprinkling
|Calories from Fat||45|