Apple Lover Muffins
12 servings, ready in 20 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line the compartments of a muffin pan with paper liners (or spray with cooking spray).
Topping: In a medium bowl, combine the canola oil or melted tub margarine, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, flour, rolled oats and ground cinnamon for the topping. Mix until crumbly and set aside.
Batter: In a large bowl or a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the SPLENDA® Granulated, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well or process for 1 minute, until well blended. Combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Add to the SPLENDA® mixture along with the yogurt and mix just until combined (or process with quick on/off pulses, just until combined). Stir in the apples with a rubber spatula.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each compartment about two thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved topping.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Muffin Batter
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain nonfat yogurt or buttermilk
- 2 cups (500 mL) apples; peeled; cored and chopped Topping:1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil or melted tub margarine2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend2 tbsp (30 mL) flour (whole wheat or all-purpose)2 tbsp (30 mL) rolled oats1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
|Calories from Fat||72|