Hot Cross Buns Recipe
16 servings, ready in 18 minutes
Mix 3 cups (750 mL) flour, yeast, SPLENDA® Granulated, spices, salt and raisins in large bowl.
Heat milk and margarine until hot to touch 125°F (50°C). Stir into dry ingredients. Mix in 2 eggs. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead 5 minutes on floured board. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Divide dough into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball pinching at bottom to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten each to about 1/2 inch (2 cm) thickness. Cover, let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, 45 to 60 minutes.
Mix egg yolk and water; brush over surface of buns. With sharp knife or scissors, cut a cross in top of each bun.
Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups (1 - 1.125 L) all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 g) envelope quick-rise instant yeast
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine
- 2 eggs Glaze: 1 egg yolk 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
|Calories from Fat||36|