Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with baking spray. Set aside.
Place SPLENDA® Granulated, brown sugar, oil, egg substitute and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake.
Place frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Ice cake when cake is completely cool.
Optional garnishes: Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts or crushed ginger snaps over the top of the cake.
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) egg substitute
- 1 (15 oz. or 425 g) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1 pkg. (8 oz. or 227 g) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla
- 1 drop imitation maple flavour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated