Soft Apple Hermits Cookies Recipe
24 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Beat butter, SPLENDA® Granulated and molasses until smooth. Beat in eggs and stir in grated apple.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, spices and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in walnut pieces and raisins and spoon by generous tablespoonfuls (or with a small ice cream scoop) onto prepared baking tray, leaving an inch (25 mm) between cookies.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until bottom just begins to brown and top of cookie springs back when gently pressed.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for 2 months.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fancy molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled and grated Granny Smith apple
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins