Butternut Squash Muffins Recipe
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and puree in a food processor.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, SPLENDA® Granulated, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, eggs, and butter. Stir in squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled; seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cake flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter; melted
|Calories from Fat||30|