Tasty Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, SPLENDA® Granulated, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9 x13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 12 skinless; boneless chicken breast halves
|Calories from Fat||25|