Mama Mia’s Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe
48 servings, ready in 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with baking spray and set aside.
Spread hazelnuts in a shallow pan and toast in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove hazelnuts from the oven and cool.
Mix the oil, SPLENDA® Granulated and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add hazelnut syrup and mix well. Set aside.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nonfat dry milk in a medium mixing bowl.
Pour the flour mixture into the oil and egg mixture and stir until blended. Add hazelnuts and mix until just blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until stiff.
Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log approximately 3 1/2 inches (8.9 cm) wide by 12 inches (30 cm) long. Place the logs on the prepared sheet 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Cut the loaves with a sharp knife into 48 slices, approximately 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) wide. Cool completely.
If desired, lay slices on their sides and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
Store in airtight containers. Cookies will stay fresh up to 5 days.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar free hazelnut syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) nonfat dry milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mini Chocolate Chips, melted (optional)