White Cake Recipe
8 servings, ready in 30 minutes
Combine flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking soda and salt in bowl. Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of mixer until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into greased 8 inch (20 cm) round cake pan.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on rack.
To 1/4 cup (60 mL) cake batter, stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder. Pour white batter into pan. Randomly spoon chocolate batter on top. Gently swirl with knife to form marble design. Bake as above.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour skim milk*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- *Note: To sour milk, pour 1 tbsp (15 mL) vinegar into measuring cup, add milk to measure 1 cup (250 mL)