Old Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe
Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9 inch / 23 cm pie plate.
Combine SPLENDA® Granulated, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl; add apples, tossing gently; spoon into crust.
Unroll remaining pie crust; roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with foil to prevent excessive browning if necessary. Cool on wire rack one hour before serving.
- 1 (15 ounce/425 g) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) corn starch
- 3/4 tsp. (3 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) salt
- 7 cups (1750 mL) baking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 7 medium)