Cinnamon Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe
20 servings, ready in 25 minutes
Whisk together the flours, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the apple juice, oil, vanilla and egg whites. Whisk together just until smooth and blended. Don’t overmix. Gently stir in the grated apples with a rubber spatula.
Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes or until a drop of water skips on its surface.
Drop the batter, using a scant 1/4 cup (60 mL) for each pancake, into the skillet. Cook the pancakes on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on top. Turn the pancakes over with a spatula and lightly brown the other side for about 2 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, spraying the skillet between batches. Serve warm.
Tip: These keep for 2 days in the refrigerator. They reheat and/or freeze well.
Combine apples, water, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
Bring to boil
Reduce heat to simmer and cook partially covered for 20 – 25 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
To microwave, cook covered on HIGH power for 6 – 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir once or twice during cooking.
Break up applesauce with a spoon or serve it chunky
Tip: freezes well
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canola oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup(160 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 8 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water or apple juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon