Coconut-Date-Nut Balls Recipe
36 servings, ready in 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Bake coconut, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add dates and pecans; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until dates are softened. Cool to touch (about 5 minutes).
Beat egg substitute and SPLENDA® Granulated for 3 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer; add to date mixture.
Cook over low-heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 3 minutes).
Stir in rice cereal. Cool to touch. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
Roll in toasted coconut.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1 (8 ounce/250 mL) package dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) crispy rice cereal