Fruit & Nut Bars Recipe
16 servings, ready in 2 hours and 15 minutes
In a sauce pan over medium heat, mix SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, peanut butter, salt and evaporated milk; stir frequently for about 5 minutes until ingredients are properly mixed and remove from heat.
Add grated dark chocolate and stir well; set aside once chocolate has melted.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients and add chocolate mixture. Mix well until mixture forms a sticky paste.
Pour into an 8 inch (20 cm) prepared pan lined with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from pan and cut into 16 individual bars.
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) smooth peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely grated dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250 mL) müesli cereal
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried fruit (yellow & golden raisins, dried cranberries and dried apple)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted nuts (cashew, walnut, almond & hazelnut)