Sweet Potato Orange Cups Recipe
Halve oranges and squeeze over small bowl to loosen centers and extract juice. Place orange halves on baking sheet. Set juice aside.
Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
Mix potatoes, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, cinnamon, ginger and orange juice together in a medium size bowl until well blended.
Stir in the chopped apples and raisins.
Spoon the potato mixture into the orange halves. Top with the mini marshmallows.
Place filled oranges on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned and center is warm.
Note: Contest submission by: Sallie C. from Cameron, NC.
- 4 small oranges
- 2 small cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped apples
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mini marshmallows