Hearty Corn Cakes Recipe
Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray butter flavour.
In large bowl, combine dry ingredients and make well.
In small bowl, mix milk, honey, oil, and egg whites.
Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter into greased cups. Lightly spray (one spray) tops of batter with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake until wooden pick comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: For variation, add 1 cup frozen corn kernels to batter or add 1 drained 4.5-oz (128 g) can peeled and chopped green chilies.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 large egg whites