Chocolate Velvet Mousse
To make Chocolate Velvet Mousse, stir chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine egg substitute, ½ cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Sweetener and cornstarch. Add orange liqueur, raspberry liqueur or brandy (optional). Add to chocolate mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour into a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse briefly for a creamier texture, about 10-20 seconds. Pour into medium bowl and cover. Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until cool.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream and ¼ cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Sweetener with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate overnight to set; will keep refrigerated for 3 days.
To serve, layer strawberries and mousse in 6 all-purpose wine glasses.
- 3 ounces (85 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) egg substitute
- ¾ cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® Stevia No Calorie Sweetener (Jar) divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) orange liqueur; raspberry liqueur or brandy (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced strawberries