Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Pastry Surprise Recipe
4 servings, ready in 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Peel apples and remove cores. Keep apples whole.
Mix SPLENDA® Granulated and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll apples in mixture until they are completely covered.
Mix chopped raisins, chopped pecans, unsalted butter, ground cinnamon and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in a bowl. Set aside.
Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Cut into four equal portions. Place these four quarter portions on a cookie sheet covered with sheet of parchment paper.
Fill hole in each apple with cinnamon garnish.
Enclose each garnished apple in pie crust quarter section and crimp edges well.
Brush pastry with egg yolk.
Bake for about 25 minutes until crust is golden.
Serve hot or warm, accompanied with plain or vanilla yogurt, if desired.
- 154 g store bought rolled pie crust
- 4 apples (McIntosh or Cortland)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped sundried raisins
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- SPLENDA® cinnamon mixture
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cinnamon