Citrus Mousse Parfait Recipe
6 servings, ready in 2 hours and 10 minutes
Sprinkle gelatine over lemon juice in small bowl; set aside. In small heavy saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, SPLENDA® Granulated and orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in softened gelatine until dissolved. Stir in lemon rind. Pour into bowl and place in pan of ice water to cool and thicken slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold in citrus mixture. In parfait glasses or dessert dishes, layer fruit and mousse mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries