Jam Sandwich Rounds Recipe
48 servings, ready in
Beat shortening and vanilla until smooth. Blend in flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking soda, salt and milk; beating until smooth. Stir in oats. Form into two balls; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
On lightly floured board, roll each ball of dough into 1/4-inch (1 cm) thickness. Cut with 2-inch (5 cm) floured cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 oF (190 oC) for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on racks.
Sandwich 2 cookies together with jam.
Variation - Chocolate Rounds: Melt 3/4 cup (175 mL) semisweet chocolate chips over hot water. Sandwich 2 cookies together with melted chocolate.
- 1 cup (250 mL) shortening
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SPLENDA® Jam