Apple Mint Chutney Recipe
10 servings, ready in 45 minutes
Combine all of the ingredients, except for pectin, in a large stainless steel pot.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, stirring often for approximately 1 hour.
Add three 2 oz (57 g) packages of pectin crystals. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) head space; seal.
To sterilize jars, place both lids and jars in boiling water for 15 minutes before filling.
This chutney is best paired with lamb, pork, cured meats and pungent cheeses.
Store chutney unopened for 6-8 months in a cool, dark place. After opening, chutney can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sultanas (white, seedless grape), diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 cups (500 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole mustard seed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coriander seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coarse salt
- 3 2 oz (57 g) packages of pectin crystals