Pecan Cinnamon Rugalach Recipe
24 servings, ready in 25 minutes
For dough, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour and combine until evenly blended. Shape dough into a disc, wrap and chill until firm, for about 2 hours.
For filling, combine all ingredients except egg mixture and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, cut dough into 4 pieces and shape each into a ball. Roll out each ball to just less than 1/4 -inch (7 mm) thickness, about 6-inches (15 cm) across. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Spoon a generous teaspoonful of filling at widest end for each wedge, and roll from this end to the point, like a croissant. Bend cookie into a crescent-shape and place on a baking tray. Brush cookies with egg mixture and bake for 16 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container or frozen for up to 2 months.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) finely chopped pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water, for brushing