Snack Time Pita Panini Recipe
16 servings, ready in 15 minutes
Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, yogurt and cinnamon, together in a medium size bowl until well blended.
Stir in the chopped peanuts, chocolate chips and raisins.
Spread the peanut butter mixture inside the pita pockets. Add the banana and brush the outside of the pockets with the melted margarine.
Cook 2 minutes per side in a large skillet or griddle.
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) reduced fat creamy-style peanut butter
- 3 oz (84 g) ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped, roasted peanuts
- 4 tsp (20 mL) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 4 small 4 inch (10 cm) pita breads, halved
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine, melted